[Kdenlive-devel] custom ffmpeg parameters question

espinosa_cz espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Sun Mar 11 20:45:06 UTC 2007

I currently have a problem with editing an interlaced mpeg2 source and
exporting it to DVD. I plan to start a separate thread thread for this.
There is a suggestion on ffmpeg which might help me:

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/faq.html#SEC22
1.21 Interlaced video looks very bad when encoded with ffmpeg, whats wrong?
You should use '-flags +ilme+ildct' and maybe '-flags +alt' for
interlaced material, and try '-top 0/1' if the result looks really
messed-up.

Kdenlive enables to create a custom encoder setting, where you can add
any export settings recognized by libavcodec (the encoder) - which is
excellent - but the format of ffmepg and libavcodec seems to differ. So
how I can add the suggested flags?

I have tried:

"format=dvd vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=ac3 ... flags=+ilme+ildct"
and
"format=dvd vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=ac3 ... flags=+ilme+ildct"
and
"format=dvd vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=ac3 ... flags=+ilme+ildct+alt"
and
"format=dvd vcodec=mpeg2video acodec=ac3 ... flags=+ilme+ildct top=0/1"

Encoder made no complaints - is this enough confirmation that parameters
where recognized? -  and gave me 3 example outputs.
But all three seems to completely the same, sharing the same problem.

Any help appreciated
Espinosa