[Kdenlive-devel] suse 10.2

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Mar 9 08:12:15 UTC 2007

Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> I can compile it with svn (or cvs) versions of ffmpeg/mlt/mlt++ as i can
> compile with devel rpms of these packages from the repos but in both cases
> kdenlive is unusable. I can't neither use a color clip nor add external stuff
> because the program crashes in the 95% of times when i try to import it on
> the timeline (and sometime when i simply create/import it)!
> I think is my fault (maybe bad video drivers?) but the version 0.4 from the
> repos worked with a lot less crashes.

I remember having frequent crashes in Kdenlive on Suse because a bug in
the KDE version used by the default SuSE. Can you check if there is an
updated version of KDE (at least kdelibs) available ? That might help
solving your problem.

Also, be careful not to install several versions of ffmpeg in different
location ( /usr and /usr/local), that would for sure result in troubles.

Otherwise, try playing a clip from the command line with the MLT player:

inigo my_movie.mpeg

Does it work ?

If you can't solve, please let me know which KDE version you have and I
can try to setup a test environnement.
regards
jb