[Kdenlive-devel] HDV 1080 - 24p

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Jul 26 23:55:14 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 1:36:25 pm Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Dear JB,
>
> hdv 1080-24p support in Kdenlive?

yes and no. material that is truly 1080 24 fps progressive or interlace is
support. However, we do not have anything yet to do the reverse pulldown
properly. I have some 1080 60Hz samples, and on brief analysis, the pattern
of interlaced vs. progressive frames seems very odd. I not sure whether to
call it 60i or 24p because actually its neither, and I do not know who to
blame for the confusing terminology. When we can do the pulldown properly,
then 24 fps is no problem. I do not have a 50 Hz with pulldown stream; is
that what European cameras provide?

> Canon latest HV20 camcorder offers 1080 24p for less than 1000€.

My samples are from this camera, and I had a chance to test it recently with
dvgrab and a little bit so far with ffmpeg+mlt. It's a very cool camera.

--
+-DRD-+