[Kdenlive-devel] mlt profiles

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Jul 25 23:01:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 1:53:10 pm jb wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 05.14:15 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> > JB,
> > Have you had a chance to try integrating the recent MLT
> > normalisation/profiles change into kdenlive?
>
> Hi Dan.
>
> Yes, I have updated Kdenlive to use the new profiles system. I have not yet
> commited my changes since I was not sure what to do with the Kdenlive 0.5
> release.
>
> But anyways I think we will need a new MLT release for Kdenlive 0.5 since
> there were many improvements / fixes since 0.2.3, so it is probably better
> to already integrate the new profiles system...

I think so. The impact of this change should have been quite minimal, no?

> So unless there are some stong arguments against it, I think I will update
> Kdenlive to use the new profiles system in the next days

I got some community pressure to step up the HDV support across the board.
Also, part of the immediate goals of MLT upon resuming maintenance was to
address the backlog of bug reports and patches, and the HDV patch was one of
those.

Also, FYI, dvgrab 3.0 is just around the corner, and it integrates HDV
capture. Maybe not for kdenlive 0.5, but it might be easy to integrate into
kdenlive's capture.