[Kdenlive-devel] patch, Add "play clip" action - again as an attachment

Jan Uhlir espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Sun Jul 8 17:33:23 UTC 2007

>First, thanks for the patch.
>I am a bit surprised because you seem to be the only one having that
>problem.

Well, may be I don't have a problem at all. May be I have just badly
understood the

Is really just clicking a clip in project tree should trigger playing in Clip
Monitor?

I was not able to find any slot-signal pair handlig this in code.
So may be I have just bad expectations.
There is a lot of Timeline to Clip monitor events - those works fine as
expected.

The double click works well too - it shows property window foe the
right clip.

BTW
was the issue with duplicate IDs solved?
This might have some link but I doubt..

>Also, the "Play clip" context menu that you added does trigger exactly
>the  same action that should be triggered when you just select a clip
>in the project view.

Errr, can you point to the code what action (slot) is to be triggered when
clip is clicked (selected) ? and clip monitor is to be activated with the
selected clip?
Can you tel me the name of the slot method?
Thank you..

May be I have a problem..
(so I'm putting the debug outputs wherever possible :-)

>>From what I understand, the "Play clip" context menu works for you but
>>simply selecting a clip does not work?

For me, simply select clip in project tree siply select the item, marks it as
selected, clip is colored ..and that all.
The exception is when clip is freshly added to the project, for those
is clip monitor activated and you can commence by playing the clip.

>Can you please tell me which Suse version you have, maybe I can try to
>reproduce that way... because I would rather try to find out what's your
>problem.

SUSE 10.2 - fully updated
KDE 3.5.7 - several times updated, from 3.5.6 - all versions were behaved the same.

This would be fine to find the bug in KDE first (if there is such!) but it indeed take
a looong time I am afraid. And there is a lot of people waiting for 0.5 release.
And I thing we are quite close.

> In my opinion, the patch is rather confusing since it adds a
> "Play clip" option that does not play the clip...

OK, let's call it "Show in Clip Monitor" or whatever you thing is
consistent with other menu item names. I don't mind.
Or I can add instant play functionality if you wish.

I thing that the functionality added is absolutely harmless for
anyone even those with functional click-once-to-play
functionality.

>And I have to agree that Kdenlive's source code indentation is a big
> mess...  Anyways a big cleanup will be required for QT4 porting...

OK, I will wait.
Just for now what is the suggested TAB size? 4 or 8 spaces?
I'm using KDenlive BTW.
What to use for NEW methods files and classes?

Exact mine KDE versions:

espinosa at esplaptop:~> rpm -qa | grep -i kde
kdebase3-SuSE-10.2-84
kdemultimedia3-arts-mad-3.5.5-31.pm.0
kde3-windeco-cylonminimal-0.1-1.guru.suse102
kdelibs3-arts-3.5.7-47.1
kdenetwork3-wireless-3.5.7-25.2
kdepim3-3.5.7-21.2
kdeaddons3-kate-3.5.7-7.12
kdeartwork3-3.5.7-4.8
kdebase3-3.5.7-31.2
kdenetwork3-InstantMessenger-3.5.7-25.2
NetworkManager-kde-0.1r606753-17.1
kde3-windeco-suse2-0.4.1z-1.guru.suse102
kdebase3-beagle-3.5.7-31.2
kdebindings3-3.5.7-21.8
kdebase3-nsplugin-3.5.7-31.2
OpenOffice_org-kde-2.2-11.1
kdeadmin3-3.5.7-7.8
kdebase3-samba-3.5.7-31.2
kdesdk3-profile-3.5.7-9.11
kdegraphics3-pdf-3.5.7-14.7
kdesdk3-3.5.7-9.11
kdeartwork3-kscreensaver-3.5.7-4.8
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.7-25.2
kdeaddons3-kicker-3.5.7-7.12
kdemultimedia3-mad-3.5.5-31.pm.0
kdeutils3-3.5.7-7.8
kdegraphics3-imaging-3.5.7-14.7
kdesdk3-translate-3.5.7-9.11
kdemultimedia3-sound-3.5.7-19.2
kdemultimedia3-video-3.5.7-19.2
kdebase3-ksysguardd-3.5.7-31.2
kdegraphics3-kamera-3.5.7-14.7
kdemultimedia3-extra-3.5.7-19.2
kdemultimedia3-mixer-3.5.7-19.2
kdebindings3-ruby-3.5.7-21.8
kdeartwork3-xscreensaver-3.5.7-4.8
kdemultimedia3-devel-3.5.7-19.2
kdelibs3-devel-3.5.7-47.1
kde3-style-klearlook-0.9.9.2-1.guru.suse102
kdegraphics3-postscript-3.5.7-14.7
kdelibs3-doc-3.5.7-47.1
kdebase3-devel-3.5.7-31.2
kdegraphics3-extra-3.5.7-14.7