[Kdenlive-devel] dv size

Hans-Jürgen Koch hjk at linutronix.de
Tue Jul 3 09:43:28 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag 03 Juli 2007 11:13 schrieb jdd:
> Hans-Jürgen Koch wrote:
> > Am Dienstag 03 Juli 2007 08:26 schrieb jdd:
> >> this is probably already known, but just in case...
> >>
> >> I have a kdenlive 4.0 from packman
> >>
> >> when I load dvgrab generated dv files of approx 1Gb size (4+minutes) I
> >> can see only the first minute in Kdenlive...
> >
> > I reported this in April, but nobody seemed to care.
> >
> > Hans
> >

> I have no time to compile the last version now, but I couldn't use
> kdenlive for that problem...

I really wanted to track that bug down, but I simply want to use
Debian packages and not compile kdenlive and libmlt from source.
Somebody was nice enough to ask me to perform some tests with a
tool called inigo, but I found no way to get it from Debian. It
seems to be in the libmlt0 package, which conflicts with kdenlive.

Unfortunately, the kdenlive site doesn't give any hints about
debugging stuff that doesn't work. They don't even have a bug
tracker. From what I see on the mailing list, they prefer adding
new features instead. I'm a programmer myself, and I know that
this is more fun. But if you don't fix these nasty bugs that get
reported, then you really miss the opportunity to create a clean
and stable piece of software. And then one day, the fun is over.

However, I finally used kino instead, it worked fine with these
dv files...

Hans