[Kdenlive-devel] edit soundfiles inkdenlive

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Fri Jan 26 20:32:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 07:39:53PM +0100, Bart Simons skribis:
> Hello All,
>
> Let me say first that kdenlive has become a wonderful application in the last
> months. Thanks to all the contributors! I have been searching for a while and
> tried kino,(good for capturing), cinelerra (very unstable, and problems with
> rendering), jahshaka (looks nice, but unstable and crashes with rendering).
> First I used de kdenlive rpm from Mandriva for my Mandriva 2007 system, but
> this again was very unstable. now I upgraded to Cooker en compiled the last
> cvs version of kdenlive. For me it is very solid now, and editing works like
> a charm. The biggest drawback is the lack of a good usermanual. It is all
> trial and error. Now to my problem: I cannot find a way to set more  little
> squares in the line that you use when changing the volume in a audiofile, as
> shown in one of the screenshots on the homepage.  I see a red square in the
> beginning and a blue square at the end, or the other way around when you
> change the index (0 and 1).I cannot find a way to set a different value for
> the index. Sorry for the long post but hours of searching on the internet did
> not help me.
> Bart

I had this very same question too. It's been added to the FAQ:
http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Faq

<<
*  Getting more indices for Volume Effects?

Volume effect works with keyframes. You can add more keyframes by doing
Ctrl-click in the clip at the point where you want to add a keyframe.
Then you can move this keygrame by dragging it with your mouse.

IMO, some video tutorials[1] would be an excellent answer to the usermanual need.
[1]http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Videos

Anyone with some good english speaking ability?

--
Stephane