[Kdenlive-devel] Not render whole video

GeBu gebu at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 16 23:05:10 UTC 2007

I solve one problem:
Many times we do very simple edition of video: join some introduction at
the beginning and something at the end like 10s clips created from
pictures. Typically now we work on videos from conference about Linux.
It is nice if there fade in and out betwen beginning and lecture and
KDEnlive is cool tool for it.
BUT: We have 8s changes in video and we must render whole video. So we
think that best way is cut part at the beginning and end edit them and
join back.
The problem was how to cut end. This is small script, which:
Create 10s video start.avi from beginning of original.
Create 10s video end.avi from end of original.
Jirka (GeBu)

#!/bin/bash
mencoder movie.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos 10 -o start.avi
eval `mplayer movie.avi -identify -frames 0 -vc null -vo null -ao null
2>/dev/null | grep LENGTH`
echo $ID_LENGTH
Z=`echo $ID_LENGTH-10|bc`
echo $Z
mencoder movie.avi -ovc copy -oac copy -ss $Z -o end.avi