[Kdenlive-devel] Bugs and other things

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Feb 20 18:00:23 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 10.10:22 Zsolt Sandor wrote:
> Try to add a new color clip. After the string "color" you will see a
> gray colored button.
> (should be a default black, or add a "color clip  - default color" to
> the settings panel)

Fixed

> Titlewidget's "Enter new text" is not i18n translated, I put it into
> the svn, the text should be put to kdenlive.pot.
Saw you fixed it, cool.

> The Edit menu should contain more separators.
I am not very satisfied with the menus, If you have an idea how to organize
them better, feel free to edit the file kdenliveui.rc and commit an updated
version.

> Kdenlive documentation should be put into a wiki, because it is much
> more easier to use a wiki. Later, the offline documentation can be
> created from the wiki.

I agree, but at first we need someone who volunteers to work on documentation,
I don't have the energy myself.

> Create Virtual Clip does not seems to work (yesterday svn) Please check it!
Works for me. I think you maybe didn't understand the way it works. You first
have to select a timeline zone using the yellow timeline selection zone. Then
you can select "Create virtual clip" from the menu or context menu of the
timeline ruler. I just added a warning so that if a user tries to create a
virtual clip without preselecting a timeline zone, he gets some
explanation...

>  Create Virtual Clip should be added to the right mouse button/context
> menu.
It is in the timeline ruler context menu...

> #: kdenlive/kdenlive.cpp:692
> msgid "Clear All Markers"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: kdenlive/kdenlive.cpp:696
> msgid "Clear Markers From Selected"
> msgstr ""
>
> Are still missing from the .pot file! Please correct!
Will check and try to fix missing strings.

> Another idea is to define testcases for releases, with standard video
> files. These tests should be made before every release, to check the
> functionality of the software. Perhaps it could be automatised, but in
> the first times can be hand made by testers... What do you think about
> it?

Not sure about it. Do you have testcase ideas ? These tests would probably be
usefull to find problems in MLT and FFMPEG who are doing the real handling of
video stuff. But then we need to make it clear if the bug comes from
Kdenlive, MLT or FFMPEG or any other dependency, and I am not sure how we can
handle that data in the end... Anyways if you want to give more infos / ideas
about it, I am listening.

jb