[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Problems

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Feb 14 23:00:37 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 07.08:06 Dr. Wolfgang Heller wrote:

> The funny thing is: If I load the .kdenlive file edited in that way with
> the 0.5svn version into the 0.4 version I can export the video as raw DV
> NTSC. No jumps in the video and sound is in sync.
> I can load this DV file e.g with Kino and export it as DVD (using
> mencoder). With the 0.4 version editing a 30fps project does not work
> (wrong
>  calculations on the timeline, e.g a 5s video is shown as 6s, shifting
> videos makes problems etc, but the slider is at mouse position...).
>
> In addition I do not have sound while editing in 0.5svn ("SDL failed to
> open audio: No available audio device") whereas in the 0.4 version sound
> works.
> I hope this report helps to improve kdenlive.

Hello.

Sure, feedback always helps. The raw dv export in Kdenlive 0.5 svn was broken,
I just fixed it.

Also, I now added an option in the Kdenlive settings dialog to select the
audio driver (video driver can also be changed, but needs MLT patch). You can
now select between 5 different audio drivers and should be able to find one
that suits your system.

Let me know if you have further problems with NTSC in Kdenlive 0.5svn.

regards

jb