[Kdenlive-devel] Rosetta

Salvatore Brigaglia torebrigaglia at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 10 09:07:59 UTC 2007

Hi all

Friday 09 February 2007 14:29:51 Jean-Michel Pouré ha scritto:
> > As i see the big adventage of this is that multiple translators can work
> > on one language, and that's a good thing.
>
> This is also my opinion.

Sadly i feel to disagree to this as we have discussed this on the italian kde
translation list.
The points are that untill translators refers to strict rules to apply the
same translations to the words that have the same meanings you will come up
with an incoherent translation referred to other apps that are running in the
same environment (KDE!). Rosetta do not permit (as soon as i'v seen) this
type of interaction between translators. Another thing is that developers
donate us a splendid translator tool witch is called kbabel (now maintained
by a new guy) that permit easy translations from the .pot file of an
application.
Useless to say that official translations are directly put in the kde svn tree
and then available to all distributions instead of rosetta translations being
available only for kubuntu.

Salvatore Brigaglia - Sardinia - Italy
OSS Software consultant for Small Office/Home Office Environments
http://ilgattotrino.studiobrigaglia.com
gpg: 0x64386320