[Kdenlive-devel] compiling problems in kubuntu

Harry van der Wolf harryvanderwolf at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 6 15:04:51 UTC 2007

Hello Salvatore,

I had more or less the same problems in Kubuntu 6.10: mlt compiled OK, mlt++ had errors, kdenlive 0.4 had errors.
Then came the 0.4 (K)Ubuntu package from Mediafire.com (see Installation guides), which I downloaded and installed (all debs!): This worked OK.
Two weeks later I stumbled into issues (my own fault, not the program) and dowloaded the svn package (maybe that one could solve my (non-existent) problems).
The 0.5svn version compiled right out of the box and I'm now using the 0.5svn version.
It is actually now compiled/built on top of the (by now) very messy remains of the build-try from the french website (which you followed too), the complete (working) 0.4 "mediafire" package and the 0.5 svn version.

Note: When first trying to compile from source I found out that you really need to fullfil a massive set of dependencies. I had to use:
sudo apt-get install kdelibs4-dev libqt4-dev unsermake libavformat-dev
libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsamplerate0
libsamplerate0-dev libogg0 libogg-dev libvorbis0a libvorbis-dev libdv4
libdv4-dev libjack0.100.0-0 libjack0.100.0-dev sox sox-dev libxml2
libxml2-dev ladspa-sdk-dev libquicktime0 libquicktime-dev libtheora0
libtheora-dev

Please note: this is not a clean how-to, just some extra info (and hopefully a quick and very dirty way to get things working).

Succes,
Harry