[Kdenlive-devel] mlt-0.2.4 issue

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 30 13:45:02 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007, cjubon wrote:
> Hi out there,
>
> i'm on Gentoo and recently updated to mlt-0.2.4 and dvgrab 3.0 (which
> are available as gentoo ebuilds) in order to install kdenlive 0.5 from
> sources (which is not yet).
>
> Kdenlive 0.5 compiled fine, but was crashing immediately after launching
> it. I tried to test my mlt-install with
> 'inigo xyz.mpg', and that gave me
> 'Failed to load plugin: libmlt.so.0.2.3: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory'
> I double-checked that it was mlt-0.2.4 that has been installed and that
> there was no 0.2.3 on the system.

OK, just veryify in whatever way you do on gentoo that the package is
responsible for the file at 'which inigo'

> Finally I did a
> ln -s libmlt.so.0.2.4 libmlt.so.0.2.3 (and ln -s libmlt++.so.0.2.4
> libmlt++.so.0.2.4 which may not be necessary) in /usr/lib/.
>
> Now 'inigo xyz.mpg' works fine and kdenlive does so as well.
>
> Is this the right place to report the issue or should it go to Gentoo bugs?
> (Sorry for the question, I'm no programmer but the maintainer of the
> German language wikibook).

I think it should be a gentoo bug unless they respond with a problem in our
build script and the way it interacts with their packaging system. I have no
experience with gentoo to know or offer help in that regard.