[Kdenlive-devel] mlt-0.2.4 issue

cjubon cjubon at wwwagner.net
Tue Aug 28 22:47:02 UTC 2007

Hi out there,

i'm on Gentoo and recently updated to mlt-0.2.4 and dvgrab 3.0 (which
are available as gentoo ebuilds) in order to install kdenlive 0.5 from
sources (which is not yet).

Kdenlive 0.5 compiled fine, but was crashing immediately after launching
it. I tried to test my mlt-install with
'inigo xyz.mpg', and that gave me
'Failed to load plugin: libmlt.so.0.2.3: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory'
I double-checked that it was mlt-0.2.4 that has been installed and that
there was no 0.2.3 on the system.
Finally I did a
ln -s libmlt.so.0.2.4 libmlt.so.0.2.3 (and ln -s libmlt++.so.0.2.4
libmlt++.so.0.2.4 which may not be necessary) in /usr/lib/.

Now 'inigo xyz.mpg' works fine and kdenlive does so as well.

Is this the right place to report the issue or should it go to Gentoo bugs?
(Sorry for the question, I'm no programmer but the maintainer of the
German language wikibook).

Best,
cjubon