[Kdenlive-devel] Introduction - Doran Barton

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 16 16:52:12 UTC 2007

Great. First off, decide whether you want to help more on the UI
(kdenlive) or the backend (mlt). The frontend is all C++/KDE/Qt. The
backend is all C99 with a minimal C++ wrapper. You can briefly review
code to get a feeling for what things are implemented in which files
and the coding styles. Maybe a good way to start is locating bugs or
locating why something isn't working the way you expect. You will
have to submit at least a couple of legitimate patches before getting
commit access to the repository. Alternatively, a newer model of open
source development is to make a "git" tree based on the repository
and then publish your git tree to the mailing list. Then, people can
test it and developers choose to merge things into the repository.