[Kdenlive-devel] New features

Zsolt Sandor zsolt.sandor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:05:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I was thinking about the redesign of kdenlive for the qt4 version.

As we talked on the forum, having sequences (videos + effects +
transitions in one logical unit) is essential.

What i think, that this idea can be improved: let not just put
sequences after each other, but let's have some layers. To every layer
we can assign a sequence (or a part of it from x. frame to y. frame).
The layers can be moved, resized, show or hidden, etc. during the
timeline. Layers can contain videos or perhaps texts, too, so, we can
easily add for example caption support.

The layer commands (move, resize, rotate, etc.) can be set manually or
via a user written script, so then we can have more videos at once on
a screen, that are moving, bouncing, resizing, rotating, exploding...
etc.

What do you think about it?

Regards:
 Zsolti