[Kdenlive-devel] New features

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:31:28 UTC 2007

Just about that. Yes, it "costs" 2 tracks. But on the over hand, time of

> transition is really clear this way. I don't know how it is in "pro"
> softwares, but if amateur is aimed (more than in Windows MM), transition
> has to be evident.
>
> In my experience, clips on two separate timelines end up being
unmanageable due to the clips wanting to auto-stick-together and not paying
attention to the other timelines; they should fill each others' gaps but
often act as an independent timeline.  Eventually, with large projects,
everything on two+ separate timelines ends up costing more time and
frustration than if it were just on one timeline, due to reshuffling/fixing
the clips.  But I do see the benefit of the visual overlap on two timelines.