[Kdenlive-devel] problems exporting in high quality

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Oct 23 17:21:26 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 18:54, Felix Hammer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to export mpeg/mpeg4/quicktime/flash/real in highest resolution and
> hight quality (not medium or low) and i get always this message after a few
> percent:
> The export terminated unexpectedly.
> Output file will probably be corrupted...

> What can i do to debug?

Yes, I have not had time to test all templates yet. FFMPEG crashes when the
bitrate is too high or too low, or when a parameter value does not fit.

I am not an expert in all these parameters, so if someone wants to provide
better parameter values for the templates, just let me know.

If you want to help improve, you can create a custom encoder in Kdenlive:
Go to Export dialog -> Custom ->New

Put the name you want, the extension is the file extension, for
example "mpeg". In the parameters value, you can just copy/paste the value of
an encoder that crashes and try to adjust the values so that it doesn't crash
anymore and gives the best possible result.

There seems to be a list of the available parameters ( I just found it
now :) ) here:
 http://www.irisa.fr/texmex/people/dufouil/ffmpegdoxy/ffmpeg_8c.html#a151

regards
jb