[Kdenlive-devel] Crashing at startup

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Oct 23 07:11:31 UTC 2006

brian wrote:
> The dump says
>
> QLCDNumber::setProperty( "NumDigits", value ) failed: property
> invalid, read-only or does not exist

I also get this error, but it is harmless.

> the kde crash handler looks like a dereference of a null pointer in
> mlt_property_set_int.

Does it always crash at startup or only sometimes ? Does the crash also
happen after you remove the file ~/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc ?

Another test to do is to try playing a movie with MLT's command line player:

inigo my_movie.mpg

If this doesn't work, there is a problem with your MLT install which is
probably responsible for the crash (in this case, please read the
compile instructions at: http://kdenlive.sf.net/downloads.php ).

Otherwise, let me know which ffmpeg & mlt version you are using.

regards
jb