[Kdenlive-devel] Trouble with timeline rendering (pauses in output playback)

Brett Owen tterbnewo at comcast.net
Tue Oct 10 19:41:33 UTC 2006

I'm having trouble with rendering the timeline. It does render. I'm rendering
to the DV-RAW format. Although it renders, while playing it back, about once
per second, the video pauses, while the audio track continues without
pausing.

I was thinking that perhaps this problem was due to the video being rendered
at 30.00 FPS, rather than 29.97 FPS. I tried changing the project preferences
so that the project is set to 29.97 FPS - I even edited the project text file
with Nano to manually set it to 29.97 rather than 30 fps. Still, that doesn't
fix the rendering.

When I'm playing the film back in the Kdenlive editor, it doesn't have this
video delay. It's only after it is rendered.

Also, my other question is, can I render the edit into a lossless compressed
video file? I know it's possible to export each single frame to a PNG file,
but I was wondering if there's a quicker way. :D

Thanks for all your work on the Kdenlive project so far. It's been a big help
with editing.

Also, I'm using the SVN build, version 937.

-Brett