[Kdenlive-devel] speed-effect mutes video

Felix Hammer f.hammer at web.de
Sun Nov 19 16:07:54 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 19. November 2006 10:21 schrieb jb:
> On Saturday 18 November 2006 23:59, Felix Hammer wrote:
> > May be its a temporary issue but i noticed that a video-clip will be
> > muted if the speed-effect is attached.
>
> The slowmotion MLT producer I commited is very basic. It just duplicates
> images to produce a slow motion effect. Handling of audio is not
> implemented.

Ok. I see. After written the last mail i have thought that i have never used
slowmotion in mainactor with clipsound. dont really know it its possible
there.
Anyway, for sound it ca be a timestrech effect e.g.. i think its the opposite
of pitchshift. it means the soundspeed is slower but the tone pitch is equal
to the original. another interessting effect would be a consistent decrease
of tone-pitch and soundspeed like slowing down a gramophone record ;-)

regards  Felix