[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive localisation

Carsten Pfeiffer carsten.pfeiffer at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 9 13:18:41 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 13:51, jb wrote:

> Ok, that was due to a small bug in Kdenlive. Fix commited.
> For your info, MLT does not output any strings in Kdenlive. Let me know it
> some other strings don't seem to translate normally.

You can see missing translations by using the language "xx", which simply
translates all strings as "xx". Everything that is not translatable (due to
missing i18n() call for example) will be obvious to you, then.

There is a widget style called "scheck" ("style check") that highlights
missing translations. From the README:

============
When starting an application with "KDE_LANG=xx application --style check"
scheck will, for text parts it checks, strip the "xx"s and display the ones
missing them (missing i18n() calls/.desktop entries) with violet background.

To use it: "program -style check". Yes, there should be a verbose README.

In short:

- Orange shows accel conflicts.
- Green proposed accels.
- Dotted red lines show nested groupboxes (not prohibited, but not
favored :-).
- Potential style guide violations are marked with yellow, likely ones with
red.
- Missing colons are drawn with two small red squares.
- Errors in window titles are marked with "foo|b|ar".
- Violet background show untranslated string.

Note: Not everything is checked (like list/combo box choices) and
scheck is error-prone so read HIG[*] and think before you change anything. :-)

*:http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/index.html

Cheers,
Carsten