[Kdenlive-devel] kubuntu package

jb jb at ader.ch
Thu Nov 2 16:18:29 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 16:57, brian wrote:
> someone else's code.  If  I were to  take this a step further  and try to
> release this  package,  what  code  base should  I use?  Would I have to go
> back to the last release or could it come out of subversion?

Currently, it would be just a bad publicity to make packages of the latest
(0.3) release since Kdenlive made so much progress in the last months.

If you make packages from svn, I guess it is best to call it something like:
Kdenlive-svn

How do you resolve the MLT/MLT++ dependency ? Did you also package them ?

If you plan to share the package, please wait until next week before making
the package, because I plan to make incompatible changes to Kdenlive's
project file format this week-end.

> should have asked this first, does anybody have a problem with me doing
> this or has anybody else done this yet?

No problem, it's always nice to have some extra help, nobody prepared such
packages as far as I know.

regards
jb