[Kdenlive-devel] undesire to compile

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Jul 25 18:51:00 UTC 2006

Hi.

> Configuring modules/avformat:
> avformat: No build environment found.
>            Try configuring mlt with --avformat-cvs.

Ok, I see. There are 2 possible answers:

1) You did not configure ffmpeg using the recommended options (see our
download page again)

2) You have an old ffmpeg still installed on your system.
By default, FFMPEG svn installs in /usr/local
If you have not uninstalled the .deb, you probably have an old ffmpeg
in /usr/bin.
Make sure to remove all ffmpeg related .debs:
-ffmpeg
-libavcodec and libavcodec-dev
-libavformat and libavformat-dev

after that, typing:
"which ffmpeg" in a terminal should answer: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

Then reconfigure MLT, you shouldn't get any error for module avformat.
If you still have, as a last solution, you can try
adding: --avformat-shared=/usr/local to the MLT configure string.

the inigo command line should work if you have successfully compiled MLT with
avformat (=ffmeg) module.

Hope this time you can manage to get it all working this time.
regards
jb