[Kdenlive-devel] About transitions & effects...

reinhard protux at web.de
Wed Jan 11 11:00:45 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 14:22, Jean-Baptiste Mardelle wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> First of all, I uploaded a screenshot of the latest kdenlive's cvs on
> Kdenlive's web site, so that interested people can have a look at the
> progress going on:
> http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

wow ... a LOT of progress the last weeks!!!! REALLY COOL!!! :-)

> Also, I would like to have your opinion as to how we should implement
> the transition stuff.
>
>  From what I read, MLT is trying to reduce the difference between
> filters and transitions (see:
> http://www.dennedy.org/mlt/twiki/bin/view/MLT/FxCut )
>
> Current implementation:
> Actually, I changed the "effect stack" dialog, so that the effect
> parameters are displayed and can be changed from there (you can see it
> on the screenshot). The keyframes can be adjusted from the keyframe
> track that is just under the clip on the timeline.
>
> Selecting an effect from the stack would display the keyframes for that
> effect under the clip. That way, I would like to get rid of the "Effect
> Setup" dialog, and make all keyframe adjusments directly from the timeline.

sounds cool ... but some effects have a very huge amount of parameters, so the
interface "could be" messed up a bit in this case ... ?!?

> Transitions:
>
> It seems to me that we could just rename the Effect Stack dialog to
> Transition & Effects Stack, and just have transitions added to the
> listbox. It means transition would be used exactly in the same way as
> filters.

yes, I like this since for me everything that has an effect on the original
footage is an effect ;-)

> At some point, we could also allow users to create "effect" or
> "transition" clips, that could be placed on the timeline like any clip,
> since MLT seems to make this easily possible.
>
> Let me know what you think about it...

not sure if I understand what you mean ... do you mean something like
"creating effect presets" that can be applied afterwards?
It also would be nice, in this concern, to have the ability to mix several
effects to create new effects, which could be saved, to share this with the
community then ...

greetings
reinhard