[Kdenlive-devel] libavformat plugin issue with Kdenlive

jb jb at ader.ch
Thu Dec 28 22:39:13 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 04:24, Jason Wood wrote:

> I have up to date check outs of mlt, mlt++, kdenlive and ffmpeg.
>
> Everything compiles fine, but when I try to add any clip, Kdenlive
> replies "The file test.mpg is not a valid video file for Kdenlive...".
>
> The file itself is fine - it plays in my currently installed inigo, it
> played in a previous version of Kdenlive.

Hello Jason.

One possibility is that you have spaces or accents or any special characters
in the path of your video file. This could cause some problems if your distro
does not use UTF8 encoding for its filesystem.

Otherwise I don't really know what the problem can be except a linking with
older libraries as you suggested. I can only recommend that you double check
you don't have Kdenlive installed in 2 different locations and eventually to
remove all MLT stuff located in /usr/local/share/mlt, then make distclean in
ffmpeg, MLT, MLT++ and Kdenlive and recompile everything.

Hope you can solve this soon.

regards
jb