[Kdenlive-devel] No video playback (was Re: libavformat.so.50 error)

Ronald Teune rtwolf at gmx.net
Mon Aug 14 20:34:09 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Some additional info on my problem:
* kdenlive 0.3 (klik-version) has the same problem
* the preview video window has the problem too, but only about 75% of the
time. Sometimes, it works fine. I click around on videos, click click clik
and then at once, I get normal video. When I click again, I get the
horizontal bars again.
* I can never get normal video out of the normal kdenlive playback window;
play-pause-play-pause-play-pause-play-pause-play-pause-CRASH with no usable
backtrace.
* attached is a photo of the preview video window (screenshot won't work
because of overlay).

My analysis, knowing nothing about how kdenlive works :)
* it can't be ffmpeg, because both ffplay and inigo play the files OK, always
* is mlt used for the preview window? In that case it can be MLT. I'll try if
I can find a cvs/svn version. But why would still images work fine?
* it could perhaps be some initialisation error?

Any thoughts?

Ronald