[Kdenlive-devel] libavformat.so.50 error

jb Hell jb at ader.ch
Sun Aug 13 09:02:02 UTC 2006

Hello.

> I compiled&installed ffmpeg from svn

> I *have* libavformat-dev installed, and the wanted file is somewhere on my
> harddisk:
> $ locate libavformat.so.50
> /usr/olib/0.2.0/lib/libavformat.so.50.4.0
> /usr/olib/0.2.0/lib/libavformat.so.50

Ok, some comments on your installation:

- If you installed ffmpeg from svn, you should remove packages ffmpeg,
libavformat, libavformat-dev, libavcodec and libavcodec-dev since they are
all replaced by ffmeg svn and will probably conflict if both packages and svn
version are installed.

- /usr/olib/0.2.0/lib/libavformat.so.50.4.0
This comes from the openlibraries project ( http://www.openlibraries.org ),
not sure how it behaves...

- If you installed ffmpeg from svn, you should have a libavformat located
in: /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so.50
Then, check if your /etc/ld.so.conf file contains a line "/usr/local/lib". If
it doesn't, add it (before the "/usr/olib/0.2.0/lib" line if there is one)
and the do "ldconfig" as root.

You can then make some tests to see where the problem is:

1) ffplay your_movie file
2) inigo your_movie file
3) try playing your movie file in kdenlive

Also make sure you configured and compiled ffmpeg and mlt using the options
recommended in http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/downloads.php#requirements

regards
jb