[Kdenlive-devel] Project news...

reinhard amersberger Amersberger at t-online.de
Sun Apr 16 18:07:08 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 05:00 pm, jb wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I've been working hard in the last weeks. I think almost all basic features
> are in now.
>
> New features include:
>
> * The cursor moves smoothly in timeline while playing.

yes, works also fine now on my slow machine here, as well as scrubbing ;)

> * You can export the timeline to mpeg and dv files

export to .dv works fine, but export to mpeg crash kdenlive:

kdenlive: +++++++++  START EXPORT: mpeg
Unable to encode audio - disabling audio output.
KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...
kdenlive: Fatal IO error: client killed
ra at linux:/prog/svn/kdenlive>

maybe just some usabillity issue here, but it would be fine if kdenlive would
add the selected extension automatically.
also would be good to ask before overwriting existing files ...

> * The transition dialog is now non-modal. You can change any parameter and
> see its effect directly on the preview monitor

yeah, REALLY COOL!

another crash happen when I add the "first" transition via shortcut - I
assigned "+" for that.
when I add the "first" transition via menu then no crash happen afterwards
when adding/deleting transition via shortcut!

greetings
reinhard