[Kdenlive-devel] Scene detection

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 18 07:50:21 UTC 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 13:54, Ruslan Popov wrote:
> So 'scene detection' is based on DV features.

Yes.

> But, I guess it needs to view to your DV scene detection code and
> implement some code based on difference between frames of two scenes.

There are two types of 'scenes' in MPEG. The technical side are
Group-Of-Pictures (GOP).  Is is possible to rearrange GOP without much
trouble in MPEG.  Detecting GOP is easy.  The other side, context wise, is
probably more difficult.  You can do a Chi^2-analysis to find peaks in the
picture-difference residuals.  But is I were you, I'd save this feature for
later versions ;-)

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky