[Kdenlive-devel] Scene detection

jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 14:19:35 UTC 2004

(p.s. sorry for the top posting guys, I'm typing via a web interface).

Scene detection is not currently in Kdenlive/piave but would easily fit into the framework.

1. Piave should be extended to support scene detection, and either during the getCapabilities request or a new getScenes request between kdenlive and piave, would return a list of scene start/ends.

2. Kdenlive would recieve this list and construct a number of sub-clips, which would appear in the project window in a tree structure below the 'main clip'. Sub clips are partially implemented, I cannot remember how far I got with them.

Cheers,
Jason