[Kdenlive-devel] TODO list

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 14 15:28:01 UTC 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 14:39, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> - Also, there is probably a need to plug in PIAVE a standard effects
> library, to avoid developing our own effects library. The best would be
> using a standard effects library which handles plugins (I mean a library
> which is able to detect the available effects and does not need recompiling
> any time an effect is added). Are you aware of such effects libraries?

Yes, I already tested a plugin for effecttv stuff.  PIAVE knows unary and
binary operations.  i.e. effects working on a single frame (color adaptions,
etc.)  and effects operating on two frames (e.g. transitions, pic-in-pic
etc.)  effecttv is wonderfull source for a number of unary effects and should
be relatively easy incorporated in piave.   programming a number of
wipes/transitions is so simple, that I don't think we need any other projects
to steel from.
  I programmed a number of "prrof-of-concept" transitions and operations.  I
did not go ahead and implement many because we need the GUI to support all
this stuff in the first place.  That is te real challenge.

Cheers, Rolf

contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky