[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive window bug

Jean-Michel POURE jm at poure.com
Fri Oct 8 08:43:59 UTC 2004

> The only times that I know of the menu dissapearing are when Kdenlive has
> been installed to a different directory to where KDE expects to find it.
> But if this was the case, removing the kdenliverc file would not fix the
> problem.

I did ./configure --prefix=/usr

> Have you installed an older version of Kdenlive in the past?

Yes.

> The window
> positions are stored in kdenliverc, so if you used a version that had a
> different window setup (different names for windows, not including every
> window in the latest version,etc) might have the effect that you are
> seeing. If this is the case, perhaps the kdenliverc file simply needs a
> version tag.

I removed .kdeliverc several times. The simple fact to change PIAVE location
is the preferences recreates the file and the windows go boom. Sudenly, all
panes can dissapear and you are left without even a menu.

Please find attached a screenshot.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel