[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive window bug

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 07:57:50 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 23:46, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> After creating a Debian package for PIAVE, I was able to checkout and
> install Kdenlive from CVS.
>
> Kdenlive seems to work, but its windows become mad (each pane splits in
> several windows, the menu dissapears). After removing /home/jmpoure/.kde/
> share/config/kdenliverc, the project comes back to its defaults.

I cannot visualize theeffect you mean; can you post a screenshot? (max post
size is 50K before it needs to be admin'ed, or you can link to a screenshoton
the web)

The only times that I know of the menu dissapearing are when Kdenlive has been
installed to a different directory to where KDE expects to find it. But if
this was the case, removing the kdenliverc file would not fix the problem.

Have you installed an older version of Kdenlive in the past? The window
positions are stored in kdenliverc, so if you used a version that had a
different window setup (different names for windows, not including every
window in the latest version,etc) might have the effect that you are seeing.
If this is the case, perhaps the kdenliverc file simply needs a version tag.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood