[Kdenlive-devel] pgrab and autosplit

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 19:08:17 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 March 2004 03:23, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I improved the detection of new scens in libpiave. new recordings are
> detected if either the DV frane has the new-recording-bit set, or the
> recording date has a discontinuity of > 10 sec. the value should be tunes
> and if necessary we can make it configurable via VEML. For my cam, e.g.,
> the new-recording-bit is usually set correctly, however, if I overwrite a
> piece of an old (o) recording with something new (n),  the first frame of
> the rest old recording does not (and cannot) have a new-recording-bit.
>
>  oooooonnnnnooooo
>  ^     ^    ^_no new-recording-bit
>
>  |     |______new-recording-bit
>  |____________new-recording-bit
>
> With the recording-time-discontinuity analysis the recording will be splitt
> correctly.

Sounds great! I think that we need a way for piave to tell Kdenlive exactly
what files it has captured, I think this needs to be part of the capture
interface somewhere. So for instance, if we say to piave "capture with
autosplit on", piave should reply to kdenlive every time a new file has been
split away, and the name of the file should be returned.

This will let us add the scenes to kdenlive's project list as and when they
become available.

> Also, I implemented autosplit functionality in pgrab. For grabbing you now
> have three options
>
> 1) filename contains '%i'  e.g. capture-%i.dv :
> 	capture-0.dv
>         capture-1.dv
>
> 2) contains '%s' :
>         capture-2003-12-07_03:31:25.dv
>         capture-2004-02-22_01:28:45.dv
>
> 3) none of the above:  autosplit is off.
>

> Jason will probably not like the 'character-magic' (just like myself), and
> we should come up with some reasonable VEML later. For now, it's maybe good
> enough.

Actually, it looks fine for the moment. As long as we enclose the filename in
xml tags, e.g. :

<filename>capture-%i.dv</filename>

we can change it to something like this later if the number of tags reaches a
size where it is worth the effort :

or

Cheers,
Jason