[Kdenlive-devel] pgrab and autosplit

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Mar 28 08:23:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I improved the detection of new scens in libpiave. new recordings are detected
if either the DV frane has the new-recording-bit set, or the recording date
has a discontinuity of > 10 sec. the value should be tunes and if necessary
we can make it configurable via VEML. For my cam, e.g., the new-recording-bit
is usually set correctly, however, if I overwrite a piece of an old (o)
recording with something new (n),  the first frame of the rest old recording
does not (and cannot) have a new-recording-bit.

 oooooonnnnnooooo
 ^     ^    ^_no new-recording-bit
 |     |______new-recording-bit
 |____________new-recording-bit

With the recording-time-discontinuity analysis the recording will be splitt
correctly.

Also, I implemented autosplit functionality in pgrab. For grabbing you now
have three options

1) filename contains '%i'  e.g. capture-%i.dv :
	capture-0.dv
        capture-1.dv

2) contains '%s' :
        capture-2003-12-07_03:31:25.dv
        capture-2004-02-22_01:28:45.dv

3) none of the above:  autosplit is off.

Jason will probably not like the 'character-magic' (just like myself), and we
should come up with some reasonable VEML later. For now, it's maybe good
enough.

Known problems:

  - somehow pgrab often hangs when you want to quit. I'll try to fix this.
  - sometimes pgrab hangs at rewind, or play. I am not sure why or
    how to fix it.
  - you can wither grap to a file ('c') or to the screen ('C'). In the real
    world we want to have both. This needs a little thought and coding, I am
    working on it.

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky