[Kdenlive-devel] XML representation for effects.

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Mar 14 01:46:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 11:56, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 11:03, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > On Monday 08 March 2004 16:11, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> > > I think you already know--at least Jason--that we were
> > > contracted to develop a new video playout server that can all do all
> > > sorts of realtime effects and output uncompressed over SDI. We could not
> > > use piave because the customer wanted a pure C implementation with the
> > > option to license the core framework BSD. The license issue as well as
> > > other factors ruled out consideration of other things like gstreamer or
> > > xine as well. Therefore, we created yet another new media framework.

Hey, just an update on this FWIW. The customer (and the copyright
holder) does not want to license our work as BSD and wants to keep the
GPL. Our customer contact was simply expressing his personal preference
for BSD, and I simply mistook it at the time for a real potential.
Cheers.

P.S. You guys should take a look at the luma transition in Kino's timfx
plugin for a generic, extensible wipe processor. It applies a time
varying threshold filter over the luma channel of an image (grayscale
bitmap) to determine which parts of clip A vs B to use. You can get
download additional luma maps from http://mlt.sf.net/ Warning: my bar,
bardoor, and box wipe collections are 16bit PGMs, which can not be read
by many apps (try 'display' from ImageMagick). I do not recommend the
partial.tar.bz2 as it was created in Photoshop with dithering enabled,
which produces dirty edges.