[Kdenlive-devel] No context menu in Project tab (Or anywhere else)

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 29 21:05:14 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 19:04, Riviere Informatique SARL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to kdenlive. I've browsed the forum on sf but didn't find this
> problem listed anywhere.
> I have no context menu anywhere (Which I should have according to the
> doc). So I can only add a clip through drag&drop - and that's not very
> handy (Well, I've never liked d&d).
> I'm also not able to add a clip to the timeline. I can d&d it on there,
> but it won't stick.
>
> It configured, compiled and installed OK. I've got piave installed.
> I tried both the standard and the cvs version, but to no avail.
>
> Is there an option I should've used?

If you installed kdenlive the first time, you probably need to
add /usr/local/kde to your KDEDIRS environment variable.  That is not
kdenlive specific, but you need this for all KDE programs that you compile
yourself.

If you had installed an older version of kdenlive before, then maybe you have
an old ./.kde/share/config/kdenliverc file lIying around. Try to delete it
and restart.

Cheers, Rolf

contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky