[Kdenlive-devel] Applied patches

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jul 26 09:38:59 UTC 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 19:09, Rob Hare wrote:
>  Hey,
>
>  The first patch works fine. The second patch did not take.
>

>  I have also started working on the clip properties dialog. The layout is
> basically in place and now dockable, although it could use some tweaking. I
> have hard coded some dummy data for appearance.  See,
> http://www.nocturnalatl.com/index.html   for a screenshot.  Based on the
> architecture, I'm guessing Piave will supply the clip information.

Right.

> What information is available?

That depends on the file.  Piave has a plugin architecture and what
information is provided for a specific file is completely in the
responsebility of the plugin. In principle you can't expect anything, not
even on the number of frames, since something like SVG doesn't have frames.
The only thing that is certain, is that piave provides a certain number of
<key>--<value> pairs describing the stream/file.

> and, How is it accessible?

The communication with the renderer is handled by krender.{h,cpp}
The communication is asynchron, i.e. there is one method emitting the request
to piave (e.g. KRender::getFileProperties) and another set of handlers to
parse the XML reply from piave ( KRender::reply_getFileProperties_XXXXX ).

>  I looked back thru the archives and didn't find any discussion on this
> dialog. Are there any other things I should be aware of?

We (Jason and myself) thought about the different parts of the prokoll of
communication for quite a while.  However, it usually turnes out, that in the
we need to change things when we really used certain parts of the protokoll.
So in the likely case that you find some things that don't work or don't make
sense, let us know.

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky