[Kdenlive-devel] testing pgrab

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Thu Sep 18 11:59:38 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 18.09.03 12:01:04:

> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 11:31, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > Ok, I've tested it, but had to run pgrab as root, otherwise I get this
>
> We can only "fix" this by  giving the user an understandable error message and
> give instructions on how to change the necessary permisssions.

Yes, very good idea, since this isn't a very common action for ordinary users ... just like me ;-)

> > avstream.cc:69 INFO:  _recievedFrames=0
> >
> > Is this the answer to my problem?
>
> Well, I would say, that is is the problem, not actually the answer ;-)

hehehe ;-))

> What camera do you have?

avccontroller.cc:189 INFO: Found node: Hollywood Dazzle*, Inc.  type=AVC
(subtype=VCR)

> Does the cam react to the other commands, like play,
> play, fwd, rewind, etc. ?

The Hollywood bridge is an analog to firewire connector, and vice versa, so I just could test the play and stop actions which was working fine.
ASAP I willl connect my cam to check the other commands.

greetings
Reinhard