[Kdenlive-devel] Tarball Update

Rolf Dubitzky Rolf.Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 15 09:00:21 UTC 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 10:15, Jason Wood wrote:
> The files were captured on a windows machine, but have not been edited, so
> they will be pure raw DV files.

probably not, since that would not be conform to AVI specification and not be
playable by MS Mediaplayer. But it's a detail, not so important for now.

> Some of the files did not load in piave - on closer inspection, they are
> the files that have been rendered by Premier.

If you can provide me with a sample, I can try and take a look.

> Using Kdenlive ;-)
>
> Sorry, it's difficult to me more specific - basically I was adding clips to
> the project (this does not appear to be the issue), and then dragging the
> to the timeline and manipulating them, playing them back, etc. My suspicion
> is that the leak is within scenelist generation - on my home machine I have
> "fixed" (with a hack for the short term) the issue with too many scenelists
> being sent to piave, and the issue seems to have become less of one.

I see. Well, to be true, I am amazed by how well things were working anyway
;-) I want to do the memory management right in the first place. Hence, I
paid much attention to the mem.management of frames and buffers, but the
render tree and more so the management of properties is not yet organized in
a elegant way. So there are very likely to be many leaks.

> > I think it would be much better if one could just dum the output to a
> > file, I find the small list pretty unreadable. I don't use it anyway, I
> > just start piave in a seperate shell.
>
> Hmmm, well there is an option to dump to a file, but no option to stop it
> appearing on screen as well. I think I might take a look at the logging
> capabilities on the Qt text widget again. The only trouble with that is
> that they only appeared in Qt 3.1 - so it breaks compatability with KDE
> 3.0, which is not something I want to do at the moment.

Thet leave it. It's not important for me at the moment.

> p.s. I find KJots (part of KDE somewhere) an incredibly useful application
> for jotting down ideas - give it a try, it saves hunting for scraps of
> paper :-)

I'll check it out

--
contacts: www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky