[Kdenlive-devel] Clips running too fast

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 14:50:45 UTC 2003

On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 2:28 pm, Jelte Liebrand wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Just wondered if anybody else is seeing problems of the clips running at
> (what looks like) twice the normal speed. I haven't found one clip that
> actually works for me (running Knoppix / debian).
>
> Jason, did you not mention you saw this on the latest mandrake as well?

Yes, I have just done a little experimentation. The same problem occurs in
pplay (one of the utilities that comes with piave - it doesn't get installed,
but can be run directly from the /piave/utils folder.)

On my machine, it appears that the problem occurs because artsd is not
running, although when I start it, I then get different sound issues - the
sound stutters and is interspersed with white noise.

If I run pplay, I get the following line :

artsstream.cc:109 WARNING: failed to initialize aRts: can't connect to aRts
soundserver

followed by hundreds of the following line :

ossstream.cc:278 WARNING: writing to /dev/dsp result=-1

Any thoughts, Rolf?

Cheers,
Jason

--