[Kdenlive-devel] Debian support

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 00:07:26 UTC 2003

On Saturday 08 Nov 2003 12:32 pm, liebrand at apollo.nu wrote:
> Hiya
>
> > I look forward to your feature requests and bug reports ;-)
>
> you sure? ;-)
>
> > The solution is very easy. Just use "./configure
> > --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3", or better, add "export
> > QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3" to your ~/.bashrc.
> >
> > I think that should do the trick :-).
>
> That indeed gets me passed the QT problem.. however a little further down
> the line I get a problem with KDE headers. Perhaps debian (Knoppix in my
> case) doesn't come with these headers, but I'd be surprised. So maybe it
> has the headers in a different spot as well, just like the qt dir ?
> Anybody know how to get passed this problem:

I would guess that this is the case. Try locate'ing some of the KDE headers
and see where they are. I believe that there is a KDE-equvalent to the QTDIR
environment variable that may need setting.

Also, make sure that when ./configuring, you specify the correct KDE base
directory using the --prefix option. For example, on Mandrake, you use :

./configure --prefix=/usr

> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!

Hmmm, it's possible that it is just the --prefix option I mentioned above.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood