[Kdenlive-devel] transitions

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Tue May 20 14:15:36 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 20.05.03 13:33:20:

> On Tuesday 20 May 2003 13:15, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's not hand drawn, but here comes what I have done so far ;-)
> >
> > It shows an fade-in at the begin of the show,
>
> Fade in from what?

In this case it should fade from black, since there is no other clip to fade from.

> > followed by a simple cut with
> > selected edges that could be moved using the arrows,
>
> ok.
>
> > then comes a picture
> > in picture transition and finally a normal transition from one clip into
> > another.
>
> This looks pretty much like the picture I have draw (which was in principle
> what Jason suggested and had draw a while ago) only that I find it pretty
> hard to see where the transition really starts/stops. also it will be
> difficult to see which tracks are involved as soon as there is anoter track
> in your example. What is the benefit your suggestion has over mine? All I can
> tell is that I have an additional blue shaded box and mouse handles. Am I
> missing something?

You are right, the graphical presentation is not very good and could be done like in your picture, but the benefit is (IMHO) that there is no need do drag some kind of transition items to the timeline .... just move one of the upper corners of one of the involved clips to create a transition.

greetings
Reinhard