[Kdenlive-devel] Finally, a few keyboard shortcuts.

Vincent vincent at caesar.elte.hu
Sat May 3 17:44:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:18:05AM +0100, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 Apr 2003 11:13 pm, Vincent wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > my name is Vincent and a while ago I discovered Kdenlive and decided to
> > give it a try. Looks very promising. Thought I'll let you know that I
> > just completed a successful compile from CVS.
>
> Always nice to know that it compiles :-) Out of interest, what distro/version
> are you running?

Mandrake 9.1
Autoconf 2.5.7
piave 0.2.2

Both piave and kdenlive are running in a user home-dir, so I didn't do
a 'make install'.

> > Now I am in the initial phase of exploring kdenlive and discovered that
> > the filesize of my test-DV was displayed incorrect (+2 GB). I noticed that
> > in 'avfile.h' there are the following definitions:
> >
> > 52: const signed int fileSize();
> > 69: signed int m_filesize;
> >
> > I propose to make those long.
>
> Ouch, yes, I think it should be. I'll fix it next chance I get, probably this
> weekend.

As I am trying to learn I tried to fix it myself in 'avfile.h' but
didn't succeed. Somehow I kept getting negative file-sizes. As kdbg
keeps moving into Qt-code I got lost finding out where it went wrong.
I'm curious how you solve it so I can learn.

> > Maybe next time I can give more sophisticated input ;)
>
> I look forward to it :-)

In that case, lets try some less sophisticated ;-)
This mistake confused me at first:
file 'INSTALL'
56: automake --> autoconf

Groetjes,