[Kdenlive-devel] Nice app + compile fix

CAULIER Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Fri Mar 21 10:48:20 UTC 2003

Le Vendredi 21 Mars 2003 11:22, bj at altern.org a écrit :
> On Thursday 20 March 2003 16.48, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > > In the index.docbook file (/doc/en), change DTD definition from 4.1 to
> > > 4.1.2:
> > >
> > > <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2-Based Variant
> > > V1.0//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [
> >
> > Be carefull !!! This way isn't compatible with KDE 3.0.x !!!
> >
> > I have the same problem with digikam an knights project. The solution
> > coming soon...
>
> Are you sure ?
> KDE 3.1.x uses DocBook XML V 4.2
> KDE 3.0.x uses DocBook XML V 4.1
>
> And after several tries, i came to the conclusion that DocBook XML V 4.1.2
> was compatible with both systems. I am working on KGpg, which uses this
> settings, and didn't get any compilation complaints.
>
> regards

Yes. I use MDK 9.0 with KDE 3.0.5 and Digikam documentation don't build like
this. I must change the 2nd line of the docbook file like this :

Original :

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2-Based Variant
> > > V1.1//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [

New :

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1-Based Variant
> > > V1.0//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" [

The author use RH with KDE 3.1. This modification don't run on this dist...

But perhaps the problem it's just with the Version number. I will checked
this...

Regards

Gilles

CAULIER Gilles