[Kdenlive-devel] Re: Kdenlive start frozen...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 20:55:24 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 Mar 2003 12:55 pm, you wrote:
> Jason,
>
> It's in the title...
>
> I start kdenlive fron a konsole. The GUI is started, resized, but it's
> frozen...
>
> See the screenshoot. I don't have acces to menu and buttons. I can just to
> click on the first monitor for toggle this in red...
>
> This is the messages on the konsole when i close the main window :
>
> [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$ kdenlive
> fcntl: Bad file descriptor
> fcntl: Bad file descriptor

Hmm, these might be the cause, I'll see if I can find out what causes them.

> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x2000003
>   Serial number of failed request:  28130
> [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$

The X Error message occurs sometimes due to the render windows being embedded
into kdenlive. Since it only happens on exit, it's not really a problem - you
can safely ignore it.

> It's not a i18n problem (French (:=))). I have the same dysfonctions in
> english mode.
>
> Note : compiled with piave and kdenlive source from actual CVS. MDK 9.0
> with KDE 3.0.4 + Qt 3.0.5.

I am not sure, but I think that Reinhard had a similar problem a while ago,
and solved it by updating something. I've sent this message to the mailing
list so that he will see it :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--