[Kdenlive-devel] Compiling KDenLive on a debian system

liebrand at apollo.nu liebrand at apollo.nu
Mon Jun 30 13:56:19 UTC 2003

All,

After many weeks of trying to sit down and get kdenlive up and running, I've
finally been able to put normal (boring) work aside and indeed give it a go.

This is the first time I'm actually working with a 'work in progress' project
like this, so I didn't expect things to go easy ;-)

... and they haven't...

Probably because I'm running debian, which isn't your easiest distro. But I like
debian alot, since it's 'clean', albeit the manual effort can be quite high.

Is there anybody on this list that is also running debian?

The reason I ask, is that I'm having quite a bit of difficulty getting the
correct packages of qt and kde together. Kdenlive needs libqt3 right?
Since I'm running a baseline basically based off of woody, that means i'm
running libqt2 (for as far as I can make out).
Is there any 'easy' / 'quick' way to upgrade to qt3? apt-get seems to be quite
trigger happy in removing all apps that depend on qt2 (which is a whole lot),
and I dont really want to manually update all of them once I've gone up to qt3.

Any tips / suggestions would be welcome.

/Cheers,
Jelte