[Kdenlive-devel] Export timeline progress dialog box...

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Wed Jun 25 10:45:18 UTC 2003

Hi, I just want to add to the excitement ;-) and ask for comments.

 Grabbing is almost working. The infrastructure is there which is the most
imporant thing, since the ieee1394 interface an also the realtime requirement
of the grabbing process requires a multi threaded environment. Already
available is a utility 'pgrab' that lets you connect to your VCR and
start/stop/wind it. You can either watch the video stream or write it to a
file (or both). The only thing left to do is to integrate this into piave
(btw, i would like to rename the piave server process from 'piave' to
'piaved' to indicate that it is a demon, what do you think?). I will add a
bunch of new VEML commands, like
 <AvcPlay/>
 <AvcStop/>
 <AvcStartCapture/>
 <AvcSeekTimeCode time="12:34:56.12" />
There will also be a number of more complicated commands like
 <AvcGetDevices>
where piave will answer something like
 <reply ....>
    <avcdevice>SONY DCR-30</avcdevice>
    <avcdevice>Panasonic XV12</avcdevice>
 </reply>
The most complicated command will probably be
 <AvcStartTapeAnalysis>
where the answer will be a list of recordings on the tape. Eventually I would
like kdenlive to provide a dialog where I can see all the scenes on the
physical tape and then select (checkbox) which ones to capture.

On very important (and technically challenging) thing is how to get small
previews of frames into kdenlive. We need them in the timeline and also in
the tape-analysis dialog. Last time we talked about it we thought about a
pipe in the filesystem. I have no better idea up to now so I will start to
look into pipes. Any better ideas?

Cheers, Rolf

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:09, jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> [...]

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de