[Kdenlive-devel] Piave translations

CAULIER Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Fri Jun 13 19:24:14 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have built a tar.bz2 of the actual HEAD CVS of piave with French i18n. You
can download this file here :

http://referencecansi.free.fr/piave(i18n)/piave.tar.bz2

The extraction of the string for translations run correctly, but...when i use
piave, I don't have the translations (:=((( (The translation file is
correctly installed on my system with « make install ») . Perhaps it's just a
bad system configuration...

Typicaly, I have used the last Gphoto2 tarball with i18n. I have checked all
script file for ./configure, and add the folders « /intl » (local gettext
version - not necessary if gettext is on your system) and « /po ». Read the
file «ABOUT-NLS » for more details and for your configuration (Bash variables
etc.).

On your code files, you must add this macro :

#ifdef ENABLE_NLS
#  include <libintl.h>
#  undef _
#  define _(String) dgettext (PACKAGE, String)
#  ifdef gettext_noop
#    define N_(String) gettext_noop (String)
#  else
#    define N_(String) (String)
#  endif
#else
#  define textdomain(String) (String)
#  define gettext(String) (String)
#  define dgettext(Domain,Message) (Message)
#  define dcgettext(Domain,Message,Type) (Message)
#  define bindtextdomain(Domain,Directory) (Domain)
#  define _(String) (String)
#  define N_(String) (String)
#endif

...and for i18n a string you must use « N_(...) » syntax like this :

    cout << N_(" -h            this ") << endl     // In main.cc file for
example

Actualy, I have translated 3 strings for testing the i18n with gettext
program. If you want to update the .po file for i18n, use « make update-po ».

Can you help me for release the i18n on piave.

Regards

Gilles CAULIER

PS :

- I used a Linux MANDRAKE 9.1 with :
gettext 0.11.5.
automake 1.7.2
autoconf 2.57

-I have on vacancy tomorow for 1 week (:=))). I coming back at home sunday 22
june.